• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setup network printer from Windows ME to Windows 2000 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rushb@tampabay

I have a network at the house with a Lisksys router and 3 PCs. 2 of the PCs have Windows 2000 Pro, my wife's PC has Windows ME. She will not let me install 2000 on her PC because it is working and she has a ton of software that she refuses to reinstall. She is a school teacher and needs to print tons of both B&W and Color for her class. In the past each PC had a printer and you could print to all the printers as normal through the network. Two months ago I installed 2000 Pro on the other 2 PCs, now I can see and print to her B&W printer but she can not see my color printer. Both 2000 PCs can print, but when she tries to find a network printer access is denied! I have tried to set up printer sharing on my PC and the other 2000 PC, the two 2000 PCs can share printers, but the ME PC can not get access. HELP!

Just an idea:
Delete that printer from Win ME computer and reinstall it by doin usual way -add printer-network printer...

It might fix itself.
I have 2 computers mine with 3 OS'ses (XP pro, 2k pro, Me) and my wife's is Win Me and works no mater which OS i am.

Back