• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Application Priority

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

are there any little things that can control how much of the cpu a program eats up? i'd liek to be able to have as much of my cpu free as possible for folding while playing old non-demanding games like counterstrike and starcraft, which take up 100% of the cpu but i still have maxed out fps cause of 3ghz and a 9700 pro

what os you running?

if its 2k/xp you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, goto the process tab and select CS or whatever and rightclcik, select priority and change it lower. like set it to a lower setting closer to the lowest priority. that might do it...or it might not run well. might also be a run switch you can use when starting the program, might try the game help file for that (readme file)

yeah ive already tried that and it doesn't work, thats why ive come to ask you guys if you knew any little proggies

Xevuhtess7 said:
yeah ive already tried that and it doesn't work, thats why ive come to ask you guys if you knew any little proggies

Have you tried lowering the program AND making F@H take up more?

I think you might need to do that.
I knwo when I set somthing to run in the background (via the program not this way), F@H and it get 50/50 of hte extra cycles unless I up F@H priority by 1, then its more towards F@H but still not 100%

Back