• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tornado w/ Nexus vs. Enermax Variable - <40db

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DenonSix

Registered
Tornado w/ Nexus vs. Enermax Variable - @<=40db

Ok i'm going with the Enermax 92mm variable fan on my slk900u

OR

Tornado 92mm with Nexus Fan Controller (any fan controller better for the under 30 dollar price?)

Here's the thing

-I won't run it above 40db 95% of the time....so is it even worth getting the tornado & nexus? in other words... will
it put out better CFM at same volumes with lower pitch compared with the enermax ?

Here's the deal. The tornado is LOUD, even at 5V. The Smart Fan II will yield you better temps than a tornado a 5V and is much quieter. However, the Smart Fan II at full speed will give around 48dBA. It's great compared to the Tornado, but probably still too loud for you. If you turn it down you could probably get to the same CFM as the full speed of the enermax adjustable, but a bit louder. The Smart Fan II will still yield better temps due to the fact that it puts out more static air pressure. My temps went down when I went from a 92mm Tornado @ 75CFM to a Smart Fan II at full speed.

Constantinos is somewhat right.

You'd have to mod the connectors on your tornado to get it running with the multipanel. I had to do it with mine. Of course, I decided to go through the trouble of modding my fan's molex power connectors to go into the 3-pin RPM monitoring connector. It wasn't worth all the work, though, since I ended up switching.

Back