• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check this out plz about GA-7NNXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JEwing85

Registered
hello everyone, i am finally changing from intel to AMD. yay for me. anyways, i want to know if anyone has the Gigabyte GA-7NNXP and if they can fit a Zalman CNPS3100+ Pure Copper CPU Cooler. as far as the cpu goes, im going with a 2500+ barton, for the cache and price. can anyone give me some good OC info for this board using air cooling and that proc. im gonna be using 2 of the CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency 256MB 32MX64. thanx for all the responses

What a great mobo. I bought mine about a month or so ago. I've been really impressed with this board, especially when it comes to overclocking. Here's a tip for the memory: be sure to change the memory speed (in the BIOS) to "auto." The BIOS is set to default to "SPD" and that'll give you more trouble than you might believe. As far as the HSF, I'm using an SLK-800 and there was plenty of room for the HSF and an 80mm fan.

Right now, I've got my 2200+ at 146 x 13.5 at 1.72 volts and it runs at 38-39C under full load. I've only just begun seeing what I can get out this CPU and mobo.

The only other issue to watch out for is that EasyTune4 doesn't work with the nVidia2 chipset. That is, you can't use EasyTune4 to tweak your FSB, multiplier, etc. However, it makes a darn attractive mobo monitor (LOL)!.

hey thanx alot! by the way who makes the slk? is that hsf noisy quiet or in between? i am still open to any other replies so keep em coming.:)

The SLK-800 (and other models) are made by Thermalright. As far as the noise, I use a 23 cfm fan, so it's pretty quiet. Naturally, you could use a fan with much greater air flow and better cooling, but then you need to be ready for greater noise.

i might have to check that mobo out!,
right now i have a GA-7vaxp, nice full featured mobo, but not that great for oc'n.. i been loyal to GB though so have to grab a hold of that 7nnxp maybey.. still got my slot A tbird 750Mhz in a GB board run'n linux for 2nd comp hehe

as far as cooling solutions for air... i gotta thermaltake volcano 7+ and wow i'm amazed of what this 1pound hunk of copper can do.. i have the varible speed switch that fits into an empty pci cover slot.. and with my case cover on i keep it at medium(5000rpm) and it's not to noisy (80mm fan btw)

i would go for the SLK800/900 series. right now i have an SK-7 with the TMD fan on it and it's quiet. a smartfan2 would help drop temps but at the cost of a lawnmower running in my case 24/7...there's a "barton stepping vote" thread in the amd cpu section...i was hearing raves about aqxea steppings but lately it's become mixed....my 7n-400-l1 is awesome...running 220x11 w/mem at 5/3/2/2 (twinmos CH5)...just put everything in the lanboy case but the smartblue rails aren't rated quite as high as my enermax ultra cool 350 was...but so far, so good...Folding for the past couple of days at those settings, no problems...

another ?

does anyone know if i can use an 4x agp vga card with this mobo. ive read one place that said yah, but making sure just incase. the video card i want to use is an EVGA Ti4200 128mb 4x AGP thanx aagin

A 4x AGP card will work just fine. I've got a 4x Radeon All-in-Wonder and it runs no problem. Just make sure you have the current drivers from the manufacturer.

2x AGP cards will NOT work on this board however. The technology is just too old! LOL.

Back