• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twinmos 3700 good??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OcLinNoob

Are they?? Seems like don't have a heatspreader on, so is that bad if I up the voltages??? Are they good in terms if we comare them to OCZ 3700 Gold? Anyone get it at ddr500 status yet?? Let me know thanks. There seems to be lil info on these twinmos, how come newegg doesn't sell them?

Last I heard, people werent getting to high on it. Though last I checked was a while ago. Just make sure its not overkill. That **** is kind of pricey. Also, get Winbond. I think Buffalo makes Winbond 3700.

As for upping the voltage, I would assume it woul dbe a bad idea, not because of the lack of heatspreader, but the factr that it probably has a pretty high starting voltage, and if it doesnt do pc3700 speeds at that voltage, return it until it does. I really dont think you will be going over those speeds, unless you have a really high fsb P4 at some crazy Memory ration..

Twinmos doesn't have a lot of resellers. I don't know why. The good thing is that www.memoryx.net is very good. I bought their 3200 with CH-5 chips and they were erroring out in memtest86 and prime95. They gave me a full refund after 20mins on the phone with their customer support. They were willing to waive the restocking fee after 2 mins but we were just talking about different memory and problems with each. The guy I spoke to was great.

I ordered Twinmos PC3700 last week but they're on back order so I should get them sometime next week. This will be my 5th set of memory modules I'm trying (and my last dammit). The corsairs I currently have suck balls.

I'll post a quick review of the Twinmos when I get them.

-Bobby

Alrite kewl. Hehe I'm trying to get rid of my corsairs twinxms 3200llpt to. Only thing is its unopen and new

I got two 256MB sticks of TwinMOS PC-3700 last month, the stuff wasn't even stable @ rated speeds on my IC7. I RMA'd it and decided to hold out for some AData. :(

Back