• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual channel? i have questions HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weponhead

Hi guys , I'm lookin to build a box using a giga byte Ga-8knxp board and it has 6 dimm slots with a maximum yield of 4 gb , and has dual channel capability.. Now , do i need dual channel memory modules? or are all ddr400 modules capable of dual channel? and what brand do you guys reccomend? i was thinking of going with kingston , should i go with crucial? HELP! lol ive been outta the loop on these things for a while :rolleyes: thanks in advance guys!

All DDR is capable of dual channel. Various brands are offering "dual channel kits", but I think those are just a gimmick to let them charge more.

ok , thanks ... anyone know about double sided? is that better? or rather does it make enough of a difference to buy it... hehe
I know what i forgot to ask! haha wheres a good place to buy memory? heh:D

i got my corsair (good but rather expensive) from monarchcomputer. They were cheaper than newegg and googlegear at the time, but those three sites had the cheapest prices i coudl find.

Back