• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help buying new mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hc000

I need a new mobo that supports RAID and the new barton cpu (400mhz) other features is not important and neither is the northbridge. my price range is under $150

thanks in advance :)

The Abit NF7-S is $109 and is a very good board. It has an onboard SATA controller, and is a great overclocking board. It will surely support the new Barton CPU....and would probably be your best bet.

I ordered a Gigabyte 7N400 Pro, it should be here tommorrow, for $120 from Newegg. It has on-board (ITE) IDE Raid (4 devices), SATA raid (2 devices), and on-board standard IDE (4 devices). That's 10 ATA devices! It also has dual bios, soundstorm (MCP-T), and nForce2 ultra400 chipset. For $120 it's a lotta bang for your buck. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you how it works tommorrow/over the weekend. A good place to go for user experiences with this board is: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48 . It was a tough choice for me between the Gigabyte and the Soltek SL75FRN-RL ($97 @Newegg). Honestly you can't go wrong with either one, but I splurged for the extra features and soundstorm... Goodluck!

I usually play it super safe on motherboards. I would go with the proven to be non-problematic one, the NF7-S.

I would go with the NF7-S as well. It's the best overclocker out of all the Nforce2 Motherboards, and it has very good stability as well, This has been repeated many times, but make sure to go for the NF7-S v2.0, as the earlier revisions had stability and bios corruption problems that that v2.0 fixes.

another vote for the nf7-s 2.0 here, pretty stable, supports 200mhz fsb for sure (i'm actually running mine at 210, and many people here run theirs even higher)

Motherboard w/ all multipliers

I was wonder, minus the NF7's, which motherboards will give all the multipliers on a 1700XP w/o a hardware mod... ?

Thanks,
Schlotkins

Um. . .I'm gonna sqeak in an 8RDA+ vote. Now that apparently version 2 is out, it's got the chipset voltage adjust that I am sorely missing. Sure it does not have RAID or SATA, but i don't use those anyway. And look at it this way, it's what, $90! Take that money an blow it on more cool stuff, or crappy stuff, whatever you want

Im going to vote for Soltek SL-75FRN-RL.It has raid and all but it does lack the mounting holes around cpu so if you plan to run water then don't look at solteks..Last time I checked on newegg both the RL and L were under $100.

Back