• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad mobo ? wont boot to bios ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spl Engineering

MB nF2Ultra400|5P1A4D GA-7N400-L A

I have not been able to get this mobo to boot to bios. When the boot screen comes up i have no keyboard funtiond <like its not reconizing the keyboard> but i do not get a keyboard error. I tried switching to a new keyboard and also cleared the CMOS ... still nothing.... all i get is a contant beep error code...or it may be concidered a fast beep that is continuous...

Processor is amd xp2600
Vid Card ATI 7500
Ram DDRAM 256MB|32X64 PC-2100C2 crucial
Hard drive WD 40gb 7200 rpm
CDROM/CDRW Lite On

I think the mobo is bad .....any other suggestions before i return it to newegg:(

the machine does turn on and can see it going thru standard checks....and we didnt have the HD or CDROM hooked up just the bare minimum to fire her up

Hmmm...it could also be a PSU problem. Have you checked to make sure that there are not any 'spare' motherboard standoffs that may be shorting out the MB?

No i havent but I will do so as soon as I get home....i just thought the input for the key board was malfunctioning..... the clicking sound I get sounds like a key is stuck depressed!

is it usb or the regular (ps2?) plug in? i had a problem with my usb mouse not working til i enabled usb support for it in bios...

Back