• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can 210MHz of FSB damage motherboard without any extra heatsinks (SB and Mosfets)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slackdm

Can 210MHz of FSB damage motherboard without any extra heatsinks (SB and Mosfets)?

I have an Epox 8RDA+ 1.1 with nForce2 C1 running at 210MHz (original Vdd 1.6V) and without any extra heatsink, only 50mm fan in the original heatsink of northbridge.

My question:

Can this cause a low lifetime of motherboard!?

And... Running PC2700 memory in 210MHz with 2.9V is harmful?

My temperature:

System: 35C
Processor (idle): 43C

Regards,
David.

I don't think it's harmful. It's specified to run at 200MHz already. 10MHz more isn't much :p For that RAM, make sure it gets some air. I have PC2700 at 220MHz and 3V, but it doesn't really get hot.

is the NB hot to the touch? also what about the SB? If it's stable I doubt it will die in the lifetime your gonna use it!

Oh and Gautam i can't believe your a fan boy for PC Chips mother boards....:rolleyes: :p

ajrettke said:
is the NB hot to the touch? also what about the SB? If it's stable I doubt it will die in the lifetime your gonna use it!

Oh and Gautam i can't believe your a fan boy for PC Chips mother boards....:rolleyes: :p

NB is in good temperature (I have a 50mm fan), but SB is very hot.

[]'s

I would suggest getting a heatsink on the SB if it is very hot, especially if you are having any stability problems, most notably with crackling sound.

Also, running at a higher FSB would most likely cause a shortening of the motherboard's life, but most likely, you'll have the Epox 8RDA+ 1.1 replaced long before you see any problems.

Back