• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System Ram (DDR Ignorant)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoOtDaWg

Registered
I am going to build an AMD system with an NF7-S, 1700+ DLT3C, and the ram is questionable. First I am pretty DDR Ignorant and haven't had a chance to research (got young children). I heard the Twinmos 3200 is a good choice. However, I have been ressearching ram and noticed the Geil Golden Dragon pc3200 512mb kit. What are your guys thoughts on this ram? I want to have ram that is relatively inexpensive, not cheap, but performs well. I am on a budget as far as my new system goes ( I'd get OCZ EL-DDR if I could afford it ) so I'm tryin to get the most bang for my buck. Give all of your suggetions on good Dual-DDR kits. By the way I found the Golden Dragon Dual DDR kit for $101.

Peace,

MooT

well buffalo PC3200 and PC3700 use BH-5 chips AFIAK. Those are both supposed to be really good, especialy fopr the price. what FSB is your target? if it's only 200 any PC3200 should do 200.

The newest Buffalo use CH-5, and more than a few of them have performed less than satisfactory; couldn't even reach 200mhz at CAS2. The Twinmos is almost definitely the best choice.

I also noticed the Kingston HyperX 3200, are they worth a try, or is the Twinmos the best bet. Gautam, what brand are you using? The setup I am putting together is almost exactly the same as yours. My target FSB is as high as it will go stable. I have no AMD experience so maybe you guys could tell me what is reasonably acheivable.

Peace,

MooT

Last edited:
Back