• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why can't i post in general forum!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeLoS

I made a post b4 the changes were made and now due to having less then 997 posts i can';t view it, so if i have something to ask that does'nt fit in another forum, basicly i'm stuffed.........

I fail to see how this is gonna benefit newer or present members that have a lower post count.........

I can't even view a topic which was important to me.........

Maybe something is gone wrong and there's an error but this does'nt seem like a good move to me...

Think i'll stick to the AMD forums if accessing a forum will be this much a pain in the arse, coz i'm at least a few hundred posts away from seeing if my post had some replys that may of been some help.

Oh well, changes are made, and not everyone can be happy, but thats the way things are i guess.......

There were a lot of legal issues in the general forum, not to mention the fact that it was chewing up most of their bandwidth. They have to pay for all that bandwidth and storage space, and believe me, this site does NOT make up for it all... not with the ads, and not with the donations. A ton of money comes out of Skip's pocket. And legal issues, whether OC is in the right or wrong, could cost so much the site would be shut down.

This would have better been handled with a PM to Shadow, Skip, or some mod.

If you think you make quality posts, have been here for a while, have followed the rules, and generally been a good member of the community, a PM might get you in... but don't count on it.

The old GC is gone completely... Anything vital you had in there might be accessable by a mod, but nobody else, even those in the new general discussion, can see it. If you had a thread that was important to you in there, ONLY a mod can get it for you. Use a PM button, and ask nicely.

Changes were made in part because some people don't think enough before they post... and end up doing things that violate the rules of the forum and can jeopardize the legal security of the forum.

An important factor to keep in mind is that if you would like to access the new general discussion forum, your posts will be reviewed and if it is found that your posts aren't of great quality, are chatty, posted off topic, or anything of that sort it could be possible that you are not granted access. If you have good posts and behave appropriately on the forums elsewhere and have showed this sufficiently to the staff, then a persons individual post count is irrelevant and the staff will decide if they will be granted access to the forum or not.

General Chat has become O/Community and has been cleared of all spam threads. You can get a topic in there by PMing a mod as it will just be deleted if you just post the topic without asking (the new spam filter...LOL). However, you can immediately post to the threads that are already there. :D

woah pik4chu way to spam urself into GC....you only have what?...31 more posts to go?....

lol jk...just try to post something meaningful instead of a bunch of dots...

Back