• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get past this screen Nf7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustymaitland

i am probably just going to get a raid card and slap in this board. all i want to do is run 1 hard drive for now. i tried running 2 on the ide channels not using the sata connection included in the box. i tried as i said running 2 drives and the cpu won't even post. i disconnected one drive and then all is fine then i get to this and cannot go any further.

Press Ctrl+S or F4 to enter RAID utility

how can i bypass this?
thanks for any help.

Which power supply did Antec put in your SOHO case? If it is 300W or less, then you are probably overloading it with everything in your box. I also expect your new video card to put even more strain on the power system.

yeah, the board is rev 2.0
should i still d/l the update?
ok, i just booted using the serial ata convertor included in the box. i connected 1 ata100 drive only. this is what i see.
Press Ctrl+s blah blah blah....then

i see it detects the one drive and that is it...
blinking cursor....

But which bios version on your 2.0 board? Bios version 16 and 17 have fixes for SATA problems. Since you are having one of the 'fixed' problems, you should update to version "17" (see link in my last post for 2.0 boards).

rustymaitland said:
i don't get it. a new board with so many issues?

That's simply the way things work with motherboards. The 'new boards' have issues which get fixed just before they become 'old boards'.

that bothers me. i am going to compare apples and oranges but i have 4 k7s5a boards and not a single problem with any of them. yeah i know they are cheap, but for me they are rock stable. forget this onboard raid crap. i am going to get a new raid card.
thanks for your help, i appreciate it totally!

Back