• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7 s 2.0 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turando

Abit NF7 s 2.0 problems
ok just got the board and am running it with twinmos 3700

and i am using it with a duron 750 ( i know i know) and so i need to do the unlock trick? bridge the links? or does the board do it becausei cant change the multi on it??

and the pci agp lock is on automatic right? you dont have to enable it?

when i change the chip clock does it change anything else exept the memory??

if someone or many people could answer these and help me out

Cheers Rich

The nf7-s will unlock a Thoroughbred or Barton core, but not earlier ones. You may be the first to try this particular combination. I believe you can use the 'pencil trick' to connect the L1 bridges on that chip.

The AGP should be set to the default of 66 out of the box.

If you have the default memory setting of "by SPD" then changing the chip clock WILL NOT change your ram speed. The 'serial presence detect' data on the module (SPD) will set the speed to ddr466. IF you change cpu/dram ratio to one of the numeric options, you will then be linking fsb and dram speeds. Leave it at the default since the duron will never reach 466.

Who put the MG-B engine where my Jaguar is supposed to have a V-12??? :D

lol , its just temperary as my barton cooked, i am now needing information on the SATA? with the new bios does it update the sata aswell? also where can i download the sata drivers??

Cheers, Rich

Windows update has the newest Silicon Image (s-ata) drivers. There are also drivers on the abit website.

Back