• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I hotglue a fan directly to the mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

As in the title. Was wondering if it would damage anything? Probably use a low heat, but who knows. I don't think it would get hot enough to melt the mobo.

to the mobo itself, or to the nb? Why would you stick it on the mobo itself? Where would the air go?

It's to the mobo itself. Only one side of the fan so that it blows onto some heatsinks that I installed on my mosfets. I noticed that the heatsinks really heat up after use.

I wouldn't recommend gluing anything on to the motherboard directly. Can't you use a bracket or something to get the fan directed at those heatsinks?

-Bobby

Theres not enough room on top or anything I could make to put the fan on to get the air to the heatsinks. The only open space is an area right below where theres an open space.

You can if you want.. i glue v-r's to pcb all the time. You might want to use clear silicone type stuff.

Variable resistor. If the glue you use is not conductive and the part you stick on the mobo is not conductive then it won't hurt anything.

Cool thanks.

I've seen hotglue used in PSU's before but on components that naturally get very hot. I was just worried about melting something on the mobo. Though hotglue really isn't that hot.

Fast420A said:
I have a 60mm fan that is glued to the top of the capacitors over the mosfets on my board. No problems here.

Same here, the top of my capacitors are totally drenched in hot glue, but the fan stays on well :)

Back