• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

same temp as air!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

I just finish my watercooling setup and pretty much unhappy of my results. The temp are the same when I was air cooling (vantec aeroflow P4)

My temp load: cpu 58
Mb 36

Key thing...what are your ambience temps...and without using a chiller...your WC will only cool to room temps or a few Celc. over...

Sounds like you need to get that block reseated. When you are doing it, make sure that you are getting it good and flat on the core. Also make sure there is a good but thin layer of the thermal compound on the core of the CPU. What motherboard are you using? What type of temp probe does it have?

Ok I did a resetting of the waterblock and reapply some artic silver 3.

I also remove the z-chipset block and replace the original heat spreader.

Now heres my temp (load)

CPU: 52C
MB : 37C

That's a little better, but not enough don't you think?

BTW I need to know what is the command line to put my picture...

Charloz24 said:
BTW I need to know what is the command line to put my picture...

to view what I actually typed in the command line, quote my reply.

ok here is a picture:

watercooling.jpg

Ok now I found out a kink and I replace the hose correctly

Now : cpu load is 47C

Yeah the kink will really affect the temps. Sounds like it's getting a little better. What kind of case cooling do you have, 37 seems kind of high for a watercooled case temp.

37C is for the chipset. If you see my picture on my preview tread, I have one 120mm that blow inside (on the heatercore) and one another 120mm exaust fan.

(For the time I remove the z-chipset blockand replace the original heat spreader because I cannot install the block properly (no holes) )

I would put a little tape around the edges of the plexi on teh rad, it looks like that isn't sealed, to get the best airflow through the rad it needs to be. Otherwise it my be puling air from the case through the space and back out the fan without it going through the rad.

and remount the block if that doesn't help.

Back