• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

same temp as air !?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

I just finished the installation of my watercooling kit from danger den and I'm pretty unhappy with the result. They are the same that when I was air! (vantec aeroflow P4)

here are the result:

ambiant air 27

CPU load: 58
Mb 36

First, delete one of these threads if you can, no need for 2. Now, your case temp is HOT, 36C is scorching for case temps. Second, did you apply thermal paste properly and what kind? Is the block seated right? How many times did you mount the block? Any air in the system? What voltages? Need more info.

Aye... those case temps are scary. When you went with a water-cooling system, did you get rid of your whole case airflow scheme? It seems like *very* little air is moving through your system.

Yeah sorry for the 2 post but I wasn't able to delete it.

Yes I still have air on the case I have 1 120mm fan blowing air into the case (and thru the heatercore) and another one 120mm exaust fan.

There is thermal paste on the cpu (artic silver 3). I will try remouting the blocks, but for the cpu I'm sure the block touch the cpu.

The voltage is default.

Have any pics? That would make it easier.

Are you pulling air through stamped 120mm grills, or 120mm holes you cut out.

Is this the dangerden kit with the Black Ice Pro? The Pro isn't as good as the Extreme (both of which aren't as good as a shrouded heatercore) :p

Can you post some pictures of your setup, that would probably reduce the numbers of questions, and lead to a better solution.

Airflow may be part of the problem. Also, with the only intake going through the heater core you are heating the air that is being used to cool the rest of the computer. Consider another intake fan to lower the system temp.

Back