• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S or Asus A7N8 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

I currently have A7N8 Deluxe.
My friend is getting NF7-S
I asked him if I could take NF7-S and give him A7N8 de since my board is only few weeks old. he doesn't care.
I wanted get NF7-S but the time I went to the store it as out of stock so I ended up buying A7N8 deluxe

Should I keep A7N8 Deluxe or take NF7-S?
i really like NF7-S because of red pcb, but if A7N8 is better O/C performer then looks doesn't matter

thanks

Yeah, if that is a NF7-S and the guy is willing to trade, you I would definatley do it. If its a revision 1 or 1.2 then dont worry about it...the A7N8X is a good board too. ;)

Look through the Abit forum and see if you want the possibility of all those problems, if so it's a much better overclocker from what I understand. If this is your friend then make sure he/she understands what you are trading otherwise its kind of wrong to trade. :)

A Abit NF7-S will definitely overclock better than the A7N8 mobo in term of running at higher FSB speeds.

why would it be wrong to trade?
both have pretty much same specs, and A7N8 deluxe cost $10 more here. anyway it's done, I'm running NF7S now :)DONE!

Now I can put on slk900U!

james.miller said:
oooooh yes. ive finally got my ram and my board does 227mhz easily. Thats with the cpu interface enabled and without the L12 mod.

:eek:

Mine tops out at 220Mhz FsB with the L12 mod...you lucky ******* you!

I found that there are quite a few inconsistent settings reported on the NF7-S rev 2.0, maybe related to CPU, ...

1. Some find the FSB_Sense (or L12) 166/200 mod works, some don't.
For those that seems to work (10-15+ FSB improvement, like my case), are those who get low FSB (under 215 MHz) to begin with. There is no difference between the 166 and the 200 mod on helping max FSB in my case.

After the 166/200 mod, I can now do 228 MHz DC, 230+ MHz SC, PC3500 C2 512MB x 2 memory at 6-3-3-2 @2.9V, Vdd at 1.7 V.

Those who already do 220+ FSB, no much help from the mod.

2. Some say the CPU Interface has to be ENABLE, some say NO. In my case, if CPU Interface is ENABLE, system cannot even boot.

Some say disabling CPU Interface would help max FSB a lot, there is no help on FSB at all in my situation.

3. My Sandra memory bandwidth efficiency is only 87-89%, low compared to many reported 95%. Not much difference before and after the FSB_Sense 166/200 mod.

It looks like the NF7-S rev 2.0 behaves very differently in many cases with CPU, maybe memory, ... I don't yet have any idea whether it is BIOS, CPU, motherboard, ... related.

I wish the NF7-S rev 2.0 Vmem and chipset Vdd have higher bios voltage setting like the 8RDA3+.

The chipset Vdd mode is not hard to do (I tried that).

But the Vmem mod is not easy due to the very small size of the components involved. Anyone has done a Vmem mod.

Back