• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which would be better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zaz

Registered
I have a volcano 7+ that I was using with my AMD and now I will be getting a P4 2.4ghz C (800FSB) and was wondering which would be better to use the stock intel hsf what comes with the processor or my volcano 7+?

THanks

well AFAIK the only that your 7+ will work is if you epoxy it to the core....which i would NOT recommend...so that leaves you with the stock HSF.

ajrettke said:
well AFAIK the only that your 7+ will work is if you epoxy it to the core....which i would NOT recommend...so that leaves you with the stock HSF.

why would it only work if you epoxy it?
I would say the 7+ would be better.

ajrettke said:

the 7+ comes with adaptors that allow you to run it with the mounting bracket on socket 478 motherboards. ;)

The Volcano 7+ is compatiable with both a 478 intel and socket A AMD...so there would be no need to epoxy anything.

I don't know how the stock intel could possibly be better than the 7+.

Well thanks much fellas. I was hearing so many bad things about the performance about the volcano 7+ that it was being made out to be worse than the stock hsf.

Cheers

Back