• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s usb question/problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AdvanS13

week ago got my hd reformatted. i installed the new nforce drivers off nvidias site, instead of the abit cd (old drivers).

i went to update to the usb drivers part in manual page c-1

(before today, it has been funning fine i didnt need to install the nvidia pci to usb controller, but i thought i should just try cause i felt half a$$ :)...the only usb thing i have hooked up is a digi cam card reader that is shown in the pic. works fine. rest of my mouse/keboard is ps/2.)

now if you look at manual it says you should have an unknown device or other device for the usb serial bus controller. then you just right click it, reinstall driver and your off.

my menu was fine, but it didnt say nvidia pci to usb enhanced host controller in my usb section of the device manager (like the book)...so i went to go reinstall the driver for it. since it only said standard pci to usb host controller or something...

somehow i erased it :( or something? now i cant get it to update. it pulls off something for the c drive. and i cant get it to look off the abit cd. i did before but it kept grabbing the win98me folder instead of the win2k folder.

here is what it looks like now (dont mind the memory stick reader)
devicemanager.jpg

it should say per the abit manual....

* nvidia pci to usb enhanced host controller
* standard openhcd usb host controller
* standard openhcd usb host controller
* usb 2.0 root hub
* usb root hub
* usb root hub

how can i go about getting it back? and when i do get it back. did you guys use the driver off the win98me folder? because that was what mine was detecting instead of the win2kfolder per the manual.

thanks for your help guys :)

I didn't see you mention this...but do you have SP3 or 4 installed?...if not...you will need that for the USB 2.0 controller...

Added...even with SP1a (WinXP) and the USB 2.0 controller installed...mine says the same thing in device manager...but I also only have the BIOS set for USB 1.0 only...not USB 1.0 and 2.0...

also one more thing...im not using sata so i didnt install the silicon image scsi and raid controller/sata driver..and disabled it in the bios...will this cause any problems?

glock19owner said:
I didn't see you mention this...but do you have SP3 or 4 installed?...if not...you will need that for the USB 2.0 controller...

yup...i installed sp4 before the new nvidia 2.03 drivers. then vid card driver afterwards. pretty sure everything was done right...its been a-ok i just wanted to take care of this problem.

kinda sucks...because it also said 2.0 root hub i think before that standard host controller got erased...grrrrr lol.

waiting on a answer so i can fix :)

ya...i dont want to restart to find out, but last time i checked i believe it was enabled.

i will look next time though.

glock bios says v1.1 + v2.0 so im ok

i restarted the comp and now it recognizes new hardware (the nvidia pci to usb enhanced host controller)

so i go to install off the cd...it finds nothing, skips it and gets something from the c drive that is compatible...which i dont want it to do obviously. but i go ahead and press ok anyways. and then it asks for some "ehci driver install cd" so now i cant even install a generic driver for it :(

update...ok i got it to install but now it looks like this!...what a mess. how can i get em so its all combined like before? just uninstall the rest possibly or what?

devicemanager2.jpg

Back