• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major NF7-S problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerkasaurusRex

Whenever i boot up into windows i get a message saying i can isntall my mouse now when it is already installed. I cant move the mouse so i have to restart. IF i change bios settigns from BIOS control to OS control i get an error on boot up screen that says KEyboard is locked and i need to unlock it. How do i fix that.

Also how do i set up my Network with the onboard lan? I have 2 other computers in my house i need to connect to and also to get internet access. How do i set it up?

Constantinos said:
Whenever i boot up into windows i get a message saying i can isntall my mouse now when it is already installed. I cant move the mouse so i have to restart. IF i change bios settigns from BIOS control to OS control i get an error on boot up screen that says KEyboard is locked and i need to unlock it. How do i fix that.

Also how do i set up my Network with the onboard lan? I have 2 other computers in my house i need to connect to and also to get internet access. How do i set it up?

I am assuming you have a USB mouse...I have the same problem so I simply put in the PS/2 port. Also assume you have installed the LAN driver on the CD so you should be able to add the network in the Control Panel. I'm not too familiar with networks but the Windows Wizard should help.

Maybe Abit will have a fix in the BIOS for the mouse problem. Also do not have fan speed in the PC Health and I only see User Defined or 3200+ with 200 MHz bus in standard chips. Have booted okay with that speed and seems stable. Hope this helps.

Mouse is a USB mouse but it came with ps/2 converter and it was in ps/2 port. My CD didnt come with a lan drive. It just had nforce drivers and usb 2.0 drivers.

Constantinos said:
Mouse is a USB mouse but it came with ps/2 converter and it was in ps/2 port. My CD didnt come with a lan drive. It just had nforce drivers and usb 2.0 drivers.

I just deleted all the USB references in the Device Manager (after updating to Win XP Service Pack 1); rebooted after changing the mouse back to the USB port and it is working.

If you installed the Nvidia drivers, then you have the LAN driver also. Check in the Control Panel under network connections and you should see the Nvidia is there.

I got lan and everythign working and got mouse and keyboard to work in win 98 only. I have a dual boot between win98 SE and mandrake linux 9.1. I need to be able to use my keyboard in dos too so i can choose which 1 to boot off but it only works in windows when i have em set by OS instead of bios. How can i fix this?

Back