• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLL Chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Does anyone know where the PLL chips are on a GA-8knxp motherboard? I can't seem to find it on google.

Look for the crystal and your PLL will be near by. Most PLL chips are roughly .25" x .50".

pll.jpg

aren't there suposed to be two PLL chips?

EDIT: there seem to be lots of "crystals..."

Last edited:
The crystal should have 14.3 on it. I believe on this board it is located between the AGP slot and the northbridge heatsink, on the side towards the audio/usb/ps2 ports.

so there is only one PLL chip?

EDIT: Thanks Caffinehog I found one of them...

they why does this kit http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/minochcokit.html have two little heatsinks for pll chips?

So they can sell more heatsinks? ...I wish I could find the pictures that were posted around here recently - they were thermal images of a running motherboard very clearly illustrating which components were putting off the most heat. I remember being disapointed that there wasn't a close-up of the pll (there were for the CPU, Northbridge, MOFSETS, etc.), but there were shots of the full back of the board where you could still see the major hotspots. I don't recall the PLL being one of them.

Back