• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hard drive renaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peter kotar

Registered
my brother recently upgraded from xp home to pro.( free from microsoft!!) after upgrading he noticed a problem with free disk space. he had very little left on a 40 gig hd. talking to him on the phone i found out his os files are in c and he has 33 gb allocated. the other 7 gb for everyday use. (drive d) he said xp never asked him which drive? or for formatting info. whats the best solution for our situation? reinstall or can i simply swap the location of the windows files. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank u in advance.

True - Solution - Reinstall.
Thing is as far as i know u cant upgrade home to Pro version - you need clean install.

Use a partition resize tool like Partition Magic. You will be able to decrease system partition size and increase data partition and not lose data/have to reinstall.

pik4chu

Right. But as soon as peter HAS already upgraded, blohin's statement (that the upgrade is impossible) is obviously wrong. That was my point - no offense.

Back