• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermoChill 120.2 Radiators and reservoirs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rockworth

Registered
I was just curious, does anyone out there have any experience with the ThermoChill radiators (specifically, the 120.2)? How do they perform? Also, I have seen at least one WC setup in which there was no reservoir, but merely a "feed tube" in which the user would fill the tubing system until it was full. Is this more efficient than using a reservoir, or are there drawbacks?

I have never used a Thermochill radiator. I do however use a "feed tube". It is more widely known as a T-line, and is definatley more efficent than a resovior. I like the T-line personally and am glad I went with it over a resovior.

There are two reviews of the Thermochill rads here and here . There are also quite a few people at the PCLincs water cooling forum that have the Thermochills. People use T-lines generally because they are much cheaper than most reservoirs and also wont hurt flowrate as much. Some of the commercially avalible reservoirs have small inlets and outlets that will impact flowrate moreso than a T-line would. However providing you built your own res, you could make one that used large fittings that probably wouldnt effect flowrate much at all and you would have the added benefit of much easier filling compared to a T-Line which can sometimes be a pain to fill.

Altec, if you dont mind, would you post a picture of your rig with the T line or some type of diagram so that I may get an idea of what I will need to do? Thanks! :D

I dont have a pic, but I can do my best to describe it.

Basically you get a T fitting and at the highest point in the system, you cut the tube, and you put the T fitting in. The you put some more tubing on top so that it looks like a big upside-down T, and you use it to fill the system. You cap the tubing whaen you get done filling, and as the system tuns, the air will go to the top of the tubing you used to fill the system with, since the air wants to get to the highest point in the loop. Make sure that you have some extra water in the T-line though, so the air can be replaced with water.

Here is a pic of my T-line. Hope it helps.
sidefin.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

I've been noticing that several people don't put a waterblock on there chipset. Why? Wouldn't it allow you some headroom to overclock the FSB? Thanks for the great pic!

Back