• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this HSF be able to cool my XP1900+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Hey guys, im putting together a pc which I will probably be using as a server which will be under constant load 24/7. (CPU stressed out all day and night :) ) and am trying to pick a quiet HSF that will be able to handle the load.(I have to sleep right next to this pc and I dont want to hear it wining at me in the middle of the night :p ) I Will be using a KT333 Mobo with 512MB PC2700 RAM, and most importantly, an Athlon XP 1900+. I am planning on ordering some parts for the pc from the vender googlegear (www.googlegear.com) and am trying to get the hsf from there too. This "CoolerMaster DP5-7JDIB-0L Cooler" ( http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=370613 ) I saw on there site says it can handle up to an Athlon XP 2600+ and only makes 24.2DBA of noise. I was wondering if you guys think this cooler will be able to cool down the Athlon XP 1900+ under stress 24/7? No, the cpu is NOT going to be overclocked but under load alot so it must be able to keep it cool. THANKS!!

I like the big coolers myself (passive with a large fan in the case), but I have had much success with the coolermaster HSC-V62, which i use now. You may want to lap the surface a little with some 600 grit wet/dry after you pull the protective paper off, but it keeps a T-Bred 1700+ running at 2100 around 41º during games, and even at stock speed(1466Mhz), it will keep it around 34-35ºc and only gets noisy when it gets hot (the fan consistently runs anywhere from 2800-3200rpm / 25-34 Dba.
Of course, theres water, but i haven't seen a waterpump that wasn't kinda noisy.

Actuallu now that i've seen it, that cooljag looks like a deal on wheels, but the fan looks kinda weak. i think i'll try one and change the fan out with the one on my coolermaster (60x60x39), which is bigger but heavier (not that a hunk of copper isn't.)

That Speeze FalconRock sounds pretty good, Its only 9 bucks on newegg. Fhanderson, have you used this hsf b4 and if so what proc do u have running under it? Do you guys think the Speeze FalconRock will be able to handle the constant load of the Athlon XP 1900+ and do you think it will be quiet? Also, how do you guys think it would compare to the coolermaster one I stated above?

Last edited:
PoX Freak said:
Actuallu now that i've seen it, that cooljag looks like a deal on wheels, but the fan looks kinda weak. i think i'll try one and change the fan out with the one on my coolermaster (60x60x39), which is bigger but heavier (not that a hunk of copper isn't.)

If you are going to change the fan you might want to look into a thermalright AX-7 for about the same money as the cooljag. In its day (2002) it was one of the best clip mounted heatsinks availible and is still a very effective option for quite cooling with a decent fan. I know the link is not to googlegear but they don't carry this HS

I installed the Speeze RockFalcon on my wife's computer with a Tbred 1700 DUTC running at 12.5x166 with 1.65v vcore. It runs around 37c idle and 43c running prime 95. It is quiet with the fan that comes with it 26 dba.

The RockFalcon is sounding quite good, I think I am going to go with it. Thanks fhanderson, and everyone else who replied! :)

Back