• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xmas done come

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James McGee

Registered
Santa arrived yesterday, he drove a Fed Ex truck. All my goodies from Danger Den showed up and did I have fun unpacking em. Started putting things together in the afternoon and finished it up today with the purchase of a new 120 mm fan for the rad from a local computer store.

My case is to small to hold all the goodies, so I built it as an external system, which is good cause now it can go to the next system... ah yes, there is always a next isn't there....(G)

The heart of the beast is an Eheim 1250 pump drawing its liquid from a nice acryllic res through 1/2" clear lines and pumping it into a heater rad where the 120 mm fan sucks air through the core and then sends the cooled liquid to the cpu block, in this case a Maze 4. When all the lines, the block, the pump and the rad, and res are full it holds just a little over 1/2 gallon of liquid.

So far temps are looking good. It has been running now for a little over 3 hours folding at almost 100% and the temp shows 30C from the Asus probe. I tried a round of BattleField 1942 and the temp never went higher than 34C, which is a 4 to 5C improvement over my old system.

I think I am gona like it....thanks Santa...

Sounds like a nice setup there.

It holds 1/2 a gallon! :eek: I have filled mine 2 times and still have more than 1/2 a gallon left in the jug! :eek:

altec said:
Sounds like a nice setup there.

It holds 1/2 a gallon! :eek: I have filled mine 2 times and still have more than 1/2 a gallon left in the jug! :eek:

I have a good size res and extra lines as it is an External system, the line from res to block is about 8 feet, and of course another 8 feet back to res. Holds a lot....(G)

LOL @ santa... we're having a heatwave here. :D

Nice setup, altough you could have gotten a slightly better block (like the WW). Maybe you could have mounted the whole thing inside your case if you'd foregone the not-so-useful reservoir and implemented a T-line instead. :)

ya maybe

FIZZ3 said:
LOL @ santa... we're having a heatwave here. :D

Nice setup, altough you could have gotten a slightly better block (like the WW). Maybe you could have mounted the whole thing inside your case if you'd foregone the not-so-useful reservoir and implemented a T-line instead. :)

I thought about a WW, but they are a bit pricey and you couldn't get one without quite a wait at that time so I used the Maze 4. I may change later, but for the moment the Maze is doing a some what decent job. The machine is buzy folding at close to 100% cpu usage at the moment while I am typing this and the temp probe show 29C-30C.

And no, the whole thing would not go in my case, it is a small case and there is really no room for a pump and rad without dropping a few other things out, like a hard drive and video card... Next time I will buy a larger case maybe, but actually i won't have to as I now have an external water cooling system that can move easly from one computer to another. As for the "usless" reservoir, what can I say, I have a thing for acrylic boxes with swirling green water...

Re: ya maybe

James McGee said:

I thought about a WW, but they are a bit pricey and you couldn't get one without quite a wait at that time so I used the Maze 4. I may change later, but for the moment the Maze is doing a some what decent job. The machine is buzy folding at close to 100% cpu usage at the moment while I am typing this and the temp probe show 29C-30C.

And no, the whole thing would not go in my case, it is a small case and there is really no room for a pump and rad without dropping a few other things out, like a hard drive and video card... Next time I will buy a larger case maybe, but actually i won't have to as I now have an external water cooling system that can move easly from one computer to another. As for the "usless" reservoir, what can I say, I have a thing for acrylic boxes with swirling green water...

Hehe did I forget to mention that your setup is quite nice anyway? ;) Have fun with it!

Re: Re: ya maybe

FIZZ3 said:

Hehe did I forget to mention that your setup is quite nice anyway? ;) Have fun with it!

Why thank you I am having a lot of fun learning about computers and putting them together... one thing I have learned already is how much more there is to learn....(G)

Back