• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junglebizz

I just got this board (rev 1.1) along with an Athlon XP Barton 2500+ AQXEA and one 512MB stick of Corsair PC3200 XMS. I have updated the bios to the latest version 3.09 7/18/2003. I am running basically the default settings except for memory timings of 6-2-2-2.

Once I updated the bios, the user guide becomes useless becuase they changed so much that you can't reference it. I had problems getting windows to boot as well after i set the APIC to disabled, which it classifies as the default. Also, after the problems, my display reset to 800x600 with 4-bit colors, and it wouldn't let me change them back! I had to reinstall the nvidia drivers so that it would work.

I can't tweak this damn board without causing problems, and I don't know why. This coard is supposed to be one of the best for the job, but I am having troubles. If anyone has any insight into this please help.

Also, when I run SiSoft CPU benchmark, my system seems to rate the equivalent of a 2200.. To me that's not right, considering the 2400 in their reference totally kills my 2500 by around 800 points!! :mad:

man if your instal was done while apic was enabled, you cannot disable apic, and vice versa. if you break this rule, well im surprised you can boot at all. this may e the root of your problems.....

so are you saying i should disable apic and then install windows?

will i see any performance changes?

Regarding APIC, you have two choices.

If you wish to run with APIC, you need select it at OS install.

If you wish to run without APIC, you need to decide at OS install.

Trying to change after OS install will result in problems.

Hope this helps!

Do you mean 'ACPI'? Advanced Configuration and Power Interface provides a number functions, principally important is interrupt management.

You have two choices with ACPI:
Select to use it when you install XP, or;
Select not to use it when you install XP.

You can't simply disable it, without causing a lot of problems.

XP usually installs ACPI by default. If you don't want it installed, press F5 when XP prompts you for F6. A menu will be presented. Make your choice there.

Hope this helps!

What I meant was APIC (Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller) as said in the manual:

"APIC is an intel chip that provides symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) for it's pentium systems. The Default is disabled."

(My default was enabled)

Back