• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe from Epox 8RGA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mogulman

Registered
So...
I had an Epox 8RGA+. Barton 2500+ running at 2.2ghz (200 fsb x11). Thermalright Sk7, Thermaltake 80mm smartfan, 1 GB Mushkin PC3200 ram (2x512mb blue), Saphire Radeon 9500. I added a bunch of extra cooling on my 8RGA+, Northbridge fan, Southbridge bigger heatsink, mosfet HS.

I had been running vcore 1.675 and vdd=1.8 on the 8rga+

Lightning happened on Monday. Had to replace my motherboard. I decided to try the Asus A7N8X Deluxe from Newegg.

My questions:

Should the A7n8x run my Barton 2500+ at 2.2 ghz as well? If so, is it likely I will need to add extra cooling to the board, like on the Epox? I've read posts about voltage mods, is it likely that I will have to do this? On the Epox, I could just raise Vdd from 1.6 to 1.8 in Bios.

Anyone know what board version Newegg is shipping? 2.0?

I figured Asus to be a better board then the Epox, but now I'm wondering with all the posts on here of people having problems.

personally, i don't think you'll have one problem, from what i've read, most the problems come from a7n8x deluxe that aren't the 2.0 revision that is sold w/ the 1005 bios, i also don't think you'll need all the extra cooling, unless you plan to plow on further, only reason i added is b/c i'm trying to utilize the 1.800 and up vcore, so i added a fan on my northbridge and hs on southbridge, i say enjoy, i'm sure you'll love it

all the boards that newegg ships is 2.0.

i've gone through 5 a7n8x deluxe and have no had problems with a single one. These were built for various ppl all of them have a very stable computer

I have the A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 (1005) w/ the Barton 2500+ and 2x256 Corsair PC3200c2 running at 200x11x1.75v and I use the volcano 11 air cooling fan. It runs great.

I've tried to push mine more, but haven't been able to keep it stable. I think if I get a better cooling device I may be able to push it a little... maybe. I'm happy with it running at 2.2GHz however!!! Can't beat that for a chip under $100.

I've read a few posts of people pushing theirs even further, reaching 2.4GHz (210FSBx11.5 OR 200FSBx12). I haven't been able to reach a stable state with those.

A couple things to remember to do in the BIOS is set your memory frequency to 100% in sync. I also locked my AGP at 66MHz.

Good Luck!

Yeah..those are pretty much the same things I got with the Epox. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Should get it Monday.

Hopefully it's just the MB that's blown. I checked the powersupply already and it seems to work. Guessing it's either the MB or the CPU.

I actually had almost every piece of electronic and telephone equipment fry in my house :(

UPS and surge protectors still work though!!

you will love this board i have built 7 systems on this........... and nearly everyone apt from one is overclocking it past 2300mhz ......

one on a 2400+ has reache 208 x 11.5 @ 2392mhz

enjoy
:D

caschbre said:
I have the A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 (1005) w/ the Barton 2500+ and 2x256 Corsair PC3200c2 running at 200x11x1.75v and I use the volcano 11 air cooling ........

A couple things to remember to do in the BIOS is set your memory frequency to 100% in sync. I also locked my AGP at 66MHz.

Good Luck!

yeah, i'm not a firm believer in the agp lock at 66MHz, when i did that, i caught alot of lag in games, i set it back to auto, and never intend to change it again

Back