• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C/W figures for Maze3 and Maze4 blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikesm

Registered
Does anyone have the C/W figures for these blocks? They don't show up in BillA's lists and seem to be very popular. But I feel awkward about going the danger den route without being able to compare it with the other blocks that have published numbers.

A friend of mine swears by DangerDen, but for the money it seemed hard to pass up the Slitedge for $30...

Thanks,
Mike

If you dig through BillA's articles, you will find a C/W on the TC-4 and the Maze 3 is almost the same. The slit edge is better than both I believe by a bit. Of course the White Water or Cascade is your best bet but the most money too. There is no data on the Maze 4 but reliable reports put it worse than the maze 3.

Slitedge for 30$ sounds like a good deal. Probably on par if not better then a 40$ DD block.

nik, doesn't the tc-4 drop a bit under .22 in BillA's graphs? The slitedge is .23 c/w if I remember correctly.

Soja said:
Slitedge for 30$ sounds like a good deal. Probably on par if not better then a 40$ DD block.

nik, doesn't the tc-4 drop a bit under .22 in BillA's graphs? The slitedge is .23 c/w if I remember correctly.
Oh man, now your gonna make me go look it up...

At 4lpm
Slit edge = 22.2 C/W
TC-4 = 23 C/W

And at 8lpm the #'s are still skewed the same so the slit edge slightly outperforms the TC-4 and hence, the Maze 3 and 4.

I see. Either way, for 30$ it would already be on it's way to my doorstep :D

Thanks! Liquid Cooling.com had a sale a couples days ago on the slitedge for $30. I couldn't pass it up. I know WW is a lot better block, but it's double the price, and questionable delivery times. I wanted to do a build of my first WC rig in the next couple of
weeks.

How come the Maze3 and Maze4 aren't in the waterblock database?

Thanks,
Mike

mikesm said:
How come the Maze3 and Maze4 aren't in the waterblock database?

Thanks,
Mike
I think the slit edge will be a good block for you. The Maze 3 and 4 have not been tested by BillA and for the meantime, he is done with public WB testing as he now works for Swiftech.

Interesting. I wonder why noone else has published C/W figures for the DD blocks. They really are pretty popular, and a ton of folks use them. So you would figure someone would do testing, at least in a relative sense from the calibrated blocks.

A lot of people are reporting better performance from the maze 4 than the maze 3, as well as the opposite. It's just crying for some scientific testing...

Thanks,
Mike

Back