• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which boards will run 200+ FSB no problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiljaden5

my 8RDA+ doesn't... it will for about an hour, then I can forget about it... it won't even stay stable in 175...

I just got 2 sticks of twinmos with CH-5 chips thinking my old samsung was my limiting factor.. but noooo, the damn board won't go

funny how this little thing makes me not like epox anymore, i feel like i thew money out the window

I would say go for the nf7-s v2..I mean it is awsome......there are some sites that have tons of tweaks to help you attain a better oc with your mobo

kiljaden5 said:
thanks

anyone have a clue why my 8rda+ is so crappy?

What revision is it?...if it is the 1.0 or 1.1 and non ultra chip...then it will need a VDD mod since it doesn't have enough voltage to achieve over 200FSB stable...to achieve 200FSB+ the NB (VDD) voltage will need to be between 1.6 - 1.7v's...and the earlier versions of the NF2 usally only had around 1.55 to around 1.58v's when running at 200FSB+...this is probably why you can only run at 200+ for a short period of time...

This is just not a Epox issue...but 90% of all earlier NF2 versions had this problem...

glock19owner said:

What revision is it?...if it is the 1.0 or 1.1 and non ultra chip...then it will need a VDD mod since it doesn't have enough voltage to achieve over 200FSB stable...to achieve 200FSB+ the NB (VDD) voltage will need to be between 1.6 - 1.7v's...and the earlier versions of the NF2 usally only had around 1.55 to around 1.58v's when running at 200FSB+...this is probably why you can only run at 200+ for a short period of time...

This is just not a Epox issue...but 90% of all earlier NF2 versions had this problem...

I'm pretty sure mine is a 1.1, definately a non ultra chip

i decided i'm just gonna keep my crappy mobo and crappy overclock and my old samsung ram for a while, until its time to upgrade everything again

hehe sold the twinmos ram to my brother for exactly what i paid for it and he'll have an abit nf7-s v2 mobo so he'll be able to use it fine

My NF7-S did 229mhz out of the box. Although I didn't fully test it for stability (cause my memory sux!). I BELIEVE the revision 2.0 boards are guaranteed to run at least 200mhz, because they claim they will work w/ the 400mhz bartons.

Yeh I like NF7-S. I just don't like Asus A7N8X-D. I know that no one ever uses their pci slots but I just hate that you have to just about take them all up..They are weird I dunno though..

Back