• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 not booting/posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gazzrawly

Ive just bought a new Abit NF7-S REV 2 and it wont even boot. Along with the mobo i bought a 512MB Twinmos Dual channel pack (2X256MB stick) PC3200. Im very P***ED OFF! ive had 2 gigabytes which both crapped out and now this. I would have expected more quality from these makes. Ive tried changing the PSU's, GFX cards and even running on 1 DDR stick in single channel mode, but nothing seems to work.
The PSU's i have tried r....
Q-TEC 400watt
Some 300watt
Another 400watt
None of these make any difference to the booting problem. At first the HDD light flashes and goes out...Then it stays on very dim but u can make out its still on. The speaker doesnt beep at all but all teh fans and lights r on. Do i have to plug in the P4 type Power into the board as well as the ATX power? ... Thanks gazz

I'd plug that lil' 4 pin lead in, and see. Have you done all the basic stuff, like clear the CMOS, ensure that everything is plugged in to it's respective slot/socket fully?? Check the floppy power connector and ensure it's on correctly...that will keep the system from running (make sure the ribbon cable is facing the right way, too)

Unplug the 'puter from the wall, plug in the extra "P4" lead, clear the CMOS, check all connnections, and see what happens.

i did that b4 and followed all teh steps after it wouldn't boot....it didn't work the first time but i will try it again now....standby for reply ... thanks Mr B

gazzrawly said:
i did that b4 and followed all teh steps after it wouldn't boot....it didn't work the first time but i will try it again now....standby for reply ... thanks Mr B

You're welcome....good luck, hope it fires up for ya... ;)

oh man that isnt good. your not having much luck, are you gaz?.

anyway as mr b said,. check and double check.

# unplug the hdd,cdrom and floppy - you dont need those to boot and this will take them out of the equation.

# check the cpu - did you chip it when you installed it?

# try 1 stick of ram at a time. reseat them while you're at it. mabey one is defective.

# make sure the board isnt shorting on the case - that can stop it from booting.

# to reset the cmos on this board i have found you have to first remove the power completly from the board - unplug it at the wall. then move the jumper and leave it for 10seconds. move it back, plug it in and fire it up.

booted with a duron 850 but wudnt boot with my 2100XP pally or 1700XP T Bred B so im gonna (as James miller said in a IM) set to user define whiel duron is booted and swap to 1700 with its settings saved for next boot

Back