• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p4c800 e USB problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrBiggs

hey Guys, new to the board, but with my win XP proffessional install and the p4c800 Mobo im having problems with the "hot swapping" of USB and USB 2. the computer only seems to recognize items installed into USB when it first starts up, but then if i disconnect it or plug something in. either the item will stop working ( my mouse) or it wont recognize it at all. has anyone had this problem? if so what do you think i should do, im thinking along the lines of a fresh install again. anyway my system is a P4 2.6ghzC processor with 1gig of corsair twinx pc3200 ram and my video card is the ATI AIW 9700. im using onboard lan audio and such, i've also hooked up the additional 4 USB ports that go into a PCI slot. thx for the help ahead of time.
Adam

Welcome to the forums!!!

Tophat is correct but I'm sure a mod will move this.

Did you install the USB drivers? Not the ones that come with the OS but the specific drivers from the cd that came with your board.

I have the P4P800 and I have no problems with the USB ports while hotswapping devices.

-Bobby

Back