• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

central heating pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

found404

Hi all i've searched the forums about this and a few people said they were thinking about it and i think one person tried it.

I just want some thoughts and comments, for example is it noisy, does it vibrate, heat emission etc you know the score.

The reason is i'm making an external box and i needed a better pump than my 1048 to go through dual heatercores. Central heating pumps provide quite a bit of pressure and don't cost that much plus i may be able to get one free :p. I have looked at other pumps like the iwaki 20r but have you seen the price of that thing?

Any help will be appreciated to cheers.

no idea.. but it sounds fun..

but.. the noise level is pretty noisy (go to your attic.. if you have a central heating system) also arn't they designed for use with radiators? hence.. they would probably dump a lot of heat into the water oh and water pressure.. you may have to go with copper piping instead of tubing.

Are you talking about the pumps they use for gound sorce heat pumps for houses? Those would be big overkill for a computer. We have a GSHP in our house and the pump is fairly quiet but it's got enough pressure to push water down and back up 3 200 foot deep wells.

i don't think that kinda pump would help.. i belive you can have so much flow that it makes no differnce.. so it would be a waste of space money and power.

Back