• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooled acrylic case done!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nitrox17

Registered
Yup, it's all done
Acrylic case, water cooled
Looks great, runs o' so cold :)
I'll have some pics up in a few days, just so excited I had to post

heh ... acrylic cases look good.. but ...

A) your gonna have to clean the finger prints off em :p and ..

B)aluminum cases radiate heat much better...

for now.. ill stick with my lian li

Enyo said:
B)aluminum cases radiate heat much better...

Fallacy. Passive conductance of heat through the case to the surrounding air is negligible for multiple reasons.

1) People typically move more than 30 cubic feet of air through the case every minute. That's a lot of air moving into and out of the case. How will the metal case radiate heat? I will give it to you that the case may be a secondary heat path, but considering the volume of airflow that is typical through a case, it is a very secondary secondary heat path. ;)

2) If your case air temperature is higher than your room air temperature then you need more fans or another improvement in your case cooling.

Now many places that sell aluminum pc's will tell you that they radiate heat, but of course, they are trying to make a sale. They should just sell them by their realistic virtues like good looks and sturdiness... passive conductance through the case is ridiculous.

well ive got a lian li case.. and when i leave my comp on for a while it gets er hot.. and thats with 8 case fans and a 27degree C cpu temp on volcano..

ah and also i said .. aluminum cases radiate heat much better..

i didn't say that they actualy got the chance to do that.. just that they would out perform acrlic if heat was put agaist them!

:p

Enyo even though i own a p4 3.0c i really like your logo =)....well not always an iddiot outside sometimes a spoiled kid who has some extra money =D

/me wants pics :(

Congrats man, and hurry up with the pics so I can ogle the system ;)

Acrylic cases appeal to me MUCH more than aluminum- personally, I think aluminum is great for cans, not so good for computer cases :D

was it a DIY acrylic case? or one of the ones from svc? i'm looking to water cool mine, but i can't find a good radiator for the size..

Im a bit confused. is this thread about cooling the computer case? as in the computer box???? i never knew u could do that or its neccessary. And about the acrylic and wiping the fingerprints off, the metal my case is made of has alot of my fingerprints all over it and they turn white and i have to scrub them off. Does that mean my case is acrylic? and is acrylic any good?

DarkDraco said:
Im a bit confused. is this thread about cooling the computer case? as in the computer box???? i never knew u could do that or its neccessary. And about the acrylic and wiping the fingerprints off, the metal my case is made of has alot of my fingerprints all over it and they turn white and i have to scrub them off. Does that mean my case is acrylic? and is acrylic any good?

No buddy, it's about a computer case that also contains a watercooling system for cooling the cpu....watercooled case.
Acrylic is a clear plastic sheet used often for windows.
If your metal turns white with fingerprints, it's probably aluminum.

I always thought that aluminum cases were rather gaunt and ugly little things. Aluminum is great at making square shapes from, but it gets difficult and time consuming (read expensive as heck) to get nice curves and such.
There's no advantage other than weight to having an aluminum case. Oh, but you do get to show off to your friends about how much you paid, and you get to scream when even an erant keyboard can put a big 'ol dent in it (which the brushed finish shows off very well).
I'll pass.

So where's those pics? Huh? Well? Waiting......

actualy its my old hd.. i moved it to a differnt bay with a fan by it and no heat!..

anyway.. if you think alumim cases dent easyly have a look at the construction of the lian li ... there invisible

(i should know.. i er.. kinda droped it.. from about 5 foot.. no dent! :p no finger prints.. you just don't want to belive!

Believing is for Peter Pan, I worked 10 years in a stamping shop as a pressroom and assembly foreman. Aluminum best serves man as a beer container. :D

So where are those darned pics? Waiting.....

We all have our preferences, amigo- personally I like old AT server cases better than anything new that costs less than $300 USD.
Some like aluminum, many don't.

But this thread is NOT about who likes what kind of case better- it is about someone's water cooled acrylic case and threadjacking it is just not a nice thing to do.......

So let's keep it to the subject, look at the pics.....IF WE EVER GET ANY!!! :D and then make any comments on how good it is or where it might be improved....possibly.

Back