• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why doesn't Soltek get a forum of their own like Asus and Abit and the like?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since you PM'd me about it, I'll go to bat for you, for this reason:

Statistics can be as misleading as they are revealing. Still, I chose to do a simple experiment. When we decided to break the motherboard sub-forums into 10 areas, 9 name brands and one "other", it was basically driven by the names that came to mind. Soltek, for whatever reason, did not come to mind in the first 9 names.

So, I did a simple all forum search on the key word employing each of the 9 names, as well as soltek. Here are the results. Gather whatever you wish from the numbers.

ASUS--------20,110
ABIT---------18,949
EPOX--------9,802
GIGABYTE---4,756
IWILL--------3,167
SOYO--------3,163
SHUTTLE----2,575
SOLTEK-----1,205
MSI----------711
ECS----------185

I realize these numbers include equipment listed in signatures, which weighs the results also in the direction of people who post alot, but lacking any other criteria, I will recommend to Skip that ECS posts be moved into the "other" category and Soltek given its place in the top 9 name brands.

Hoot

I don't know whether it will happen or when. I submitted the request to Skip. Now, it's in his hands.

Hoot

Back