• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 Cannot install Windows 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward2

(edit) Problem fixed.

I just got a new NF7 v2.0 mobo this week, and I cannot get W2K to install correctly. I have tried 2 different HD's, 2 different memory modules, 2 different CDROM's, and multiple IDE cables. It will go through the entire first part of the installation process to the point were it reboots. Then when it reboots to actually load windows, it comes up with errors like "cannot find somename.dll file". Occasionally, it will let me past this point and allow me to select the settings (such as English, Eastern time zone, etc.), but it will never make it to the W2K desktop without a BSOD. This was all attempted using the default voltages and speeds.

I gave up and have successfully installed W98SE for now.

Here is my current setup:

NF7 v2.0
1700+ DLT3C JIUHB
ATI 7500 video card
256MB PC2700 memory
TT 420W power supply
56x CDROM
1.2 GB HD

Any ideas on why W2K will not install?? I tried both the original W2K CD, and one with SP3 merged onto the CD.

Last edited:
did you try overclocking settings or anything? load setup defaults on the bios. clear the cmos. i cant think of much else :)

i know mine would lock up on win2k install, because my drive wasnt formatted correctly, and the defaults on the bios werent loaded.

I'd turn off any overclock and try a different cdrom. Also I find old/slow harddisks are a real hassel getting windows installed on.

Problem fixed. It must have been the old 1.2 GB hard drive. I created a new partition on my main 20GB HD, and was able to successfully install W2K on this new partition.

Back