• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oil + Water in res.?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArE_eYe_SeE_kAy

I have a crazy idea that i'm experamenting with that kinda mixes water and oil in my reservoir. Anyone ever experimented with this? Think it will do damage to my waterpump? or any other systems?

I'm guessing at this stage in the water cooling game that almost everything's been done so i just thought i'd put it out there to get someone's experiences.

Edit: OH, and the oil is not for any cooling characteristics. Purely decorative. (I'll post some pics when i get the whole thing done. If I end up doing it that is.)

Well... more than likely the oil would eventually just find the highest point in the system and sit there. There isn't really a way to keep little bubbles of oil floating in a system when all the oil wants to do is float. If you used a res, you would eventually get a whole layer of oil skimming at the surface. If you used a T-line, same thing... the whole top of the tube would be filled with oil.

my wc system already has oil in in :-\

the water.. is .. iridecent! gonna try and dilute it with extra water then just flush the sytem out by using tap water in and jsut drainng the stuff thats gone throug hout

Back