• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawker-rider

OK, first i had one stick of Samsung PC2100, 512Mb, and I just couldn't get my Mobo past 134 Mhz FSB....... right, that's just great. I also have a prcessor that doesn't like to overclock, a XP2100+ pally-core

I bought 2 sticks of buffalo with the winbond ch-5 modules.

Right out, i did 198Fsb nice and stable, 200 started getting bootproblems and at 202 it woldn't boot. This can be my processor too, I figure. I loosend up the timing on the ram back to Cas 3 and the rest 2's with the high one at 6 the RAm did great at 230 FSB with the fsb being higher then the processors. That'll lose some performance too, but nice for the RAM to be ruled out in an overclock.

That same day though my Motherboard got it's BIOS fried, as do a lot of these MoBo's, so I am RMA'ing it and hopefully getting back on the road again soon.

Good memory though!

yeah, it's rated CAS2.5 but since my previous memory was holdin me back big time (Samsung PC2100 gave me 1 Mhz overclock before it froze...whhopppeeee) I wanted to make sure that the timings were loose to see where I can get and then tighten the timing, but i didn't get that far, my MOBO crapped out

i got buffalo too.. its great. right now its stable for a few days at 205 fsb at 2.8v at 2 5 2 2.. i think around 210 it craps out though and i would have to relax timings.

max

well.. the latency im using is 2 5 2 2 and its not specified for that.. i think its doin very good for that.. and im not runing uberhigh voltages like ocz or geil want.. im running 2.8.

max

you DO know pc3700 is supposed to do 466mhz at stock voltage, don't you?

hell, even my twinmos pc3200 does 230 at 2.8v with stock timings (8,3,3,2.5)

hmm.. i havent tried relax timings yet.. which is probably the same that you pointed out.. but.. i dont care. im satisfied :)
i look at the price. i paid less then my friend paid for his corsair 3200c2 and it performs better. so im extremely happy.

max

no kidding. way to point out the obvious lol

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3, i KNOW those are not stock timings, but 460-470 at stock is better than 410 at 2-5-2-2. no question.

pc3700 buffalo is rated at cas3 7 3 3. 410 at cas 2 5 2 2 is very likely as fast or faster than 466 at cas 3 7 3 3.

james.miller said:
no kidding. way to point out the obvious lol

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3, i KNOW those are not stock timings, but 460-470 at stock is better than 410 at 2-5-2-2. no question.

you didn't seem to get it ^^

Back