• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am having a quandry (sp?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would pick the pc-3700 pair because of it's better timings.Of course it is rated as pc-3700 (lower than the other pair of pc-4000) but this makes no sense to me. The reason is that i doubt that pc-4000 can drop the 3-7-4-4 timings in lower settings.And you can overclock very well with pc-3700 with better timings which is rated much higher than your mobo's supported pc-3200 spec.
And don't forget that Geil needs high Vdimm to overclock well.

voltage...its in the bios...you need to turn it up for geil...requires more power....try ocz or crucial xms if you want a good oc...altho im not sure of the price comparison...lets leave it at this..you get what you pay for.

I'm not worried about how much I OC, I just want more performance out of my cpu then what I'm getting with the 2700. but I heard if you lower the timmings, it'll oc easily. ps, I'm not looking to OC to the extreme, just a decent one.

Last edited:
Back