• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Ram!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

what is the best type of laptop ram, and can anyone help me find it cheap please. my bios can support 1 gig, so thats what i want to go for. thanks bye.

You don't really need any special premium memory for laptops since overclockings is usually out of the question. It's generally best to try to match what you have in there already, but it's not always required.

If you need DDR SODIMMS newegg seems to have several choices available at good prices. If you need PC133 SODIMMS, coastmemory.com has a good selection.

I recommend Crucial SODIMMS. Depending on the brand of laptop, you might need to get SODIMMS with a certian SDP. Use Crucial's memory selector on the homepage http://crucial.com.

I use Crucuial for all my non-OC stuff. Good, solid stuff.

Also be sure to check what memory is currently in you laptop. Laptops usually only have one additional SODIMM slot, and you may need to match with the same size chip. So if you have 256, you'll need to get another 256. You may already know that, but just saying anyway.

Good luck!

Back