• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pleased With the Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pyros

It seems like a tradition around here to tell everyone when they get the wc rig running, so I figured I would do it to. I got my first WC system up and running. :D I wasnt able to build the external case I was wanting to yet because of some family and financial problems, so I built me a temperary external case. I have to say Im quite pleased with the results. Specs are:

Swiftech MWC462-U
SwiftechRAD676 Radiator
Swiftech MCP300 pump
Resevoir approx.1/2 gal.
2 Delta 120mm fans. Cant fine these fans anywhere on even the delta web page. My best estimate is that they are about 75-90cfm each
Approx 9ft. of 1/2OD 3/8ID tubing( I know its kinda alot, but doesnt seem to hurt performance. And it was the shortest I could have it.)
Distilled water and Dex-cool at approx 90/10 ratio

So far with a ambient case temp of 26c I cant get my load temp over 32c.(this is at 1.7v, 13x166fsb) These temps are the same with sandra, speed fan, and the bios. I have to say Im quite suprised at how little fluxuation there is in the idle-load temp. My idle stayed at 30c with the same ambient temp.( when you see the pics, you will understand )I will post some pics as soon as I get the case cleaned up some.

Only complaint I really have is with the block. That thing was a real pain to mount. The screws/springs were SO strong and tight it too all I had to get the threads to bite and get it tightened down. It may just be my mobo, but I hope I never need to mount this thing again.
:mad:

Let's see those pics :thup:
As you mentioned, one nice thing about switching over to H2O cooling is the idle/load differential. Mine changed from a 9C differential with air cooling to 4C with water.

DSL has been out so I havent been able to get pics up till now.

http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/external case.jpg
http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/pc case.jpg
http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/setup.jpg
Been running seti for awhile now and temps are 32c cpu, 25c case. Im pretty pleased with the results so far. In a few days Im gonna push the fsb back up to where it was on air cooling and compare the two.:)

If anyone wants more detailed pics let me know and I will post them.

Last edited:
Mustanley said:
Let's see those pics :thup:
As you mentioned, one nice thing about switching over to H2O cooling is the idle/load differential. Mine changed from a 9C differential with air cooling to 4C with water.

What? Idle load differential? You should be folding all the time so there is not idle!

But I suppose if you don't want to help scientific/medical development that is a plus:D

But your system looks good, and nice temps too:D

Those arn't the 56 or so Dba Deltas are they?

Last edited:
CrashOveride said:

What? Idle load differential? You should be folding all the time so there is not idle!

But I suppose if you don't want to help scientific/medical development that is a plus:D

C'mon now, cut me some slack. I just started Folding 1-1/2 weeks ago. It's been going 24/7 since then.

Those arn't the 56 or so Dba Deltas are they?

They could be. They are about as loud as my 50.6cfm 80mm Sunon that was on my slk-800. But they give off a much more pleasant roar than the annoying scream. ;) With the same ambient temps, my idle-load fluxuation is only 3c. Im sure that big air conditioner in the back ground has something to do with my temps.:D

No. These fans came out of a Intel server. Ill have to see if I can get the fan ID off them.( gotta shut down and peek thru the radiator) I cant find anywhere that seels anything close and even the Delta site doesnt list them. I got them from TC so maybe he will know what the are. Im sure that I can get something that pushes more air than these with less noise. Ive been looking at thesehttp://sidewindercomputers.com/sun12x38.html

You should fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas
you wouldnt be trying to recruit me would you??:p

Pyros said:
No. These fans came out of a Intel server. Ill have to see if I can get the fan ID off them.( gotta shut down and peek thru the radiator) I cant find anywhere that seels anything close and even the Delta site doesnt list them. I got them from TC so maybe he will know what the are. Im sure that I can get something that pushes more air than these with less noise. Ive been looking at thesehttp://sidewindercomputers.com/sun12x38.html

you wouldnt be trying to recruit me would you??:p
Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!
Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!
Psshhhhh no.Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!
Btw, no subliminal messages here.Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!

LOL
saw that "no subliminal message" and went hmmmm
hightlighted the area around that and there was lots of text,

Psshhhhh no.Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!
Btw, no subliminal messages here.Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!Fold for [OC]FoldingNinjas!!!

Holy crap! I didnt even see that!:eek: AAAGGGGGGHHH!!!! Brain washing folding ninjas are attacking!! Run for your lives!!:D

Last edited:
Back