• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet case fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mord-Sith

Im looking for a fairly quiet case fan something under 25db.

The thermaltake blue eye seems like a resonable solution at 21db and it has blue leds to boot but its a sleave fan. Ive found that sleeve fans dont last very long at all. Does anyone have any experience with this fan?

So I guess im looking for a fan under 25db that is ballbearing and under $10 each would be nice as well.

Thanks guys

Ok a little update I've found the panflow FBA08A12L which is perfect for me the only catch is allelectronics which sells them for 4.50 is out and every where else wants 7-15 bucks for them. Ill just keep on diging :)

Those fans are probably louder than the vantec stealth, I have posted in another thread to do a 12v to 7v mod on either the OCsystem or the SVC fans, they will be as quiet as the vantec stealth for a small fraction of the price.

The antecs arent bad. Regular or smart fan. The reagular one does around 26db and is pretty good for the price. I paid around 5 each for mine.

I bought 5 from these guys last month for my case and heatsink. They processed and shipped my order really fast. You can't go wrong for 5 bucks.
Panaflo L1

Hey thanks for all the ideas Ill go through each one and check them out.

I think I might go with the lower cost ball bearing fans and do the volt mod or use a resistor to lower the nois even more.

Back