• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We are all doing it wrong!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fast420A

From an ebay ad:

Evercool introduces the new era water-cooling technology of the optimize design for the Air Convection & Water Flowing System. Our latest innovation design of the Carbon Brushless Motor technology is also the advanced key-component for the highest reliability and life-cycle security. You will find the admirable friendly and easy installation and the excellent thermal performance of this Water Cooling System.

Okay, I'm sure everyone is ready for the link.

Here it is...

Everyone feel free to talk amungst yourselves.... :)

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is so bad about that system's design? I mean I know that it has a crappy radiator/pump/WB, but the actual design seems like it would work, the added fan and fins on the waterblock look like it might help cool it better.

me knows nothing about water cooling but wouldnt water being poured directly on the die be more efficient then a fan on top with the water spraying in from the side. It almost looks like a fan to compensate for a bad block design.

"Yawn"

Somebody made one of those about 2 years ago.

JoeC. reviewed it I believe.

H20 setup with a HSF on the cpu block to save ur butt.

:cool:

Weak performing and a waste of money. The design is nice and compact but the components are just too small, inefficient, or both. Just look up some reviews...

Azeroth said:
This may sound like a stupid question, but what is so bad about that system's design? I mean I know that it has a crappy radiator/pump/WB, but the actual design seems like it would work, the added fan and fins on the waterblock look like it might help cool it better.

A couple Reasons why this 'cooler' wins the crappola award of the year:

1) People who watercool give up a few things to get the performance/noise we do with our systems. We give up space, simplicity, and a bit of hardware safety. But in return, we get lower temps and a quieter, buzz free case.

This particular setup has the worst of both worlds: it is liquid cooled yet still retains the fan on the CPU. Furthermore, it not only has a fan on the cpu, but it has a small one on the 'radiator.' As most people here well know, small fans = big noise. Why it even has a fan on the cpu is beyond me. The only explanation I can think of is that this radiator does such a crappy job at removing heat, the sink on the CPU is what does the actual majority of the cooling. This will no doubt save the company's *** from countless lawsuits from people with fried CPUs. If I'm gonna go through the trouble of installing a potentially rig-killing piece of equipment into my computer, it'd better damn well be worth it. Meaning it should be superior to air cooling in every important way. This obviously isn't.

2) Whoever designed this thing must have been a fresh graduate from MIT (Mentally Incompetent Twits). The whole pump/radiator assembly looks like it fits into a 5.25 bay. That's not so much of a problem only that whoever "engineered" this sorry excuse of horse dung put the fan intake/outake on the tops and bottom of the case. This means you'd effectively have to give up at least 2 5.25 bays to get any sort of circulation in the thing - optimally, even more. So in essense, this assembly ALONE would take up 3 drive bays! Most mid-towers nowadays come with a total of four: giving up 3/4 of drive expansion space for this thing is simply unacceptable.

There's a ton of other reasons why this thing sucks, but this post is getting long, and I'm sure we get the gist of it by now.

Last edited:
I think the only thing that is actually worse than this POS is the fact that it got 20 bids on it. Then said winning bidder comes on message boards like these and asks why he isnt getting good results, providing the damn thing doesnt destroy his/her system.

Back