• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink/Fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mord-Sith

Im trying to quiet down my pc. I will be runing a barton 2500 soon and am currently using a volcano 9 with smartfan and was thinking of replaceing the fan with this http://www.heatsinkstore.com/comaaeseblfa.html its a blower fan. Just wondering if anyone has used one and if it will move enought air to cool my cpu. Im not realy planing on over clocking it much

The blower fan would probably cool it okay, but if your goal is quieting your PC, you should try adjusting the speed on the smartfan to make it run slower and thus quieter.

Yes I have lowered the speed of the fan but I was looking for a better solution then that.

that is a nice fan since it has no dead spots like all other fans =d it might give you extra performance at lower rpm than a smartfan2 =d since its a new design im sure not alot of ppl have used it.. Plus most ppl here use slk-800/sk7 & SF2 its like the best combo imo ;d

I've heard that that fan isn't as quiet as you may think. The Vantec AeroFlow is a pretty quiet CPU cooler, at a fraction of the cost.

Back