• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

white stuff coming off my tubing - what is it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

themodguy

Hey has anyone has this problem.

I have 1/2" I.D. 1/8" thick Clearflex tubing in my system. I added about 1/2oz of zerex. The tubing was put in about 4 months ago and after awhile, not sure when, the tubing started turning opaque. I didn't think anything of it and thought it was normal.

I squeezed the tub yesterday and it seems like a white flaky film came off from INSIDE the tubing. After it came off the tubing was basically clear.

My questions is, has anyone else encountered this and what do you make of it? Could it be a problem with something precipitating out of the Zerex, a reaction to the Zerex or a growth?

I turn my puter off each night if that gives you any information.

I am thinking not a growth as it flakes off.

Thanks for your replys

themodguy

I get the same thing using antifreeze. Best way i've found to get rid of it is boiling hot water and vinegar mix and let it soak for 20 min or so and wash with HOT water. works wonders for me :D

Back