• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick a mobo....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CL_Heat

I was wondering what mobo you would recommend? I was hoping for as many features as possible,as well as a good overclocking candidate.Thanks!!!

PS---what are the benefits of installing another 512mb of RAM(exact same as I have now)?And is it necessary?

I am asking because with how quickly computer technology gets old,I was hoping for soem really current info.For example,I hear that the KT600 is out now

The Nforce2 in comparison is still better than the KT600 simply because it provides equivalent speed, but is much more stable simply due to the fact that it has been out for quite a while, the majority of the kinks have been worked out. The Nforce2 cannot really be called obsolete from an AMD perspective, since nothing really new has arrived in stores except the KT600, and like I mentioned previously, I feel that the Nforce2 is better.

Also, from an overclocking perspective, many Nforce2 Motherboards, such as the Abit NF7-S v2.0 and the A78NX Deluxe v2.0, have PCI and AGP bus lock, which prevent the PCI and AGP freqency from increasing when you raise the FSB, something that the KT600 does not have, and is a feature which is very useful in terms of reaching a higher FSB

As for my recommendation, the Abit NF7-S v2.0 IMO is your best option simply because it is the best overclocking Nforce2 motherboard. It can reach a higher FSB than other Nforce2 motherboard, has very good stability, and has very good features as well, such as Soundstorm.

Make sure to purchase an Nforce2 motherboard that is based on the Nforce2 Ultra 400 chipset, as this is a newer revision, that solves the problems that the older revisions had. It is still inherently the same chipset though.

Sorry for my previously snippy reply, I was in bit of a bad mood that day :D

Still, do some searching as well, you will come to a better decision. :)

Last edited:
Back