• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose some case fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duner

Hi, I'm wanting to quiet down my pc so I've decided to replace all of the case fans that came with it. Here are my choices, they are all 80mm fans btw.

$10 Panaflo "low" 24cfm @21 dba
$15 Vantec Stealth fan 27cfm @21dba
$12 Evercool Aluminum Case fan 34cfm @25dba

Now for some questions.

The panaflo's are obviously the cheapest, so is $5 worth it for 3 more cfm from the Vantec?

If I go with the Evercool, it obviously has the best flow at a reasonable price. Is the 25dba noticeably louder than the 21dba from the other 2?

Opinions?

I wouldn't trust the evercool specifications, they usually tend to be higher than stated. I would go with the Panaflo low rpm fans, you will barely hear them. Putting the evercool fans wont quiet down the pc nearly as much. At 34 CFMs it probably spins around 3000 rpms, according to: http://www.evercool.com/kor/pro_alu.htm#.
It will sound like a 30-32 Dba fan, the Vantec Stealth is also very quiet, but why spend 5 bucks more for so little.
Those Ocsystem fans are low quality, but they would be good if you used a 12v to 7volt mod, then they will run at 20 dba's or so

Thanks for the link Countermods, I checked it out in your other post. However I live in Canada and they don't ship internationally. it is a heck of a deal though.

Josebmw, your link didn't work for me, but I went to the evercool site and they state that the fan should be running at 2500rpm and 32.4cfm @<25dba. I didn't know that they tended to be higher than stated though.

I'll probably just stick with the panaflo's. They're the cheapest and quietest and I don't think a couple of cfms will hurt me.

In the first post, the site were you got the info said 34 CFM @ 25dba, now evercool's spec changes to 32.4 Cfms and <25 dba's, so yea...panaflo is a very good choice.

duner if your want i will order them then ship them to u i know how it is with sites that dont ship internationally i lived in canada for 5 years i hated it had people order it for me then mail it to me

Thanks for the offer Countermods, but I think I'll just stick with the panaflo's.

According to the bestbyte website, they don't list any shipping terms for international orders so I'll assume they don't ship here.

I can't wait to enjoy my quiet system.

I would go to Xoxide.xom and look for the Evercool 120mm alum fans there. My friend has two in case and they blow HARDER and my Y.S.Tech 120mm WITH a 7volt mod. So I assume they are about 70cfm +. I ordered 3 for myself. Noise is NOT bad at all. I hear NO difference in them from his 80mm from before. They are pretty quiet. About 30db I assume. Cannot tell over fans and PS fan.

I have a Tt smart case fan, but mine's developed some kind of vibration at low rpms. Sounds like it's out of balance or something. At 3500 rpms or higher the vibration goes away, but the fan is too loud for my liking. Below 3500, there is a vibration hum that stays with it even at it's lowest setting. If I crank it all the way down, I can't hear the fan, but the hum is pretty annoying. I'm retiring it for now.

I also have a 120mm side case fan that is @ 7V right now. It's very quiet so upgrading to the evercool aluminum 120mm would probably gain me more cfm's, but wouldn't do anything for the sound level at all. My case is pretty cool now so I don't think the increase in flow would help that much with temps anyways. Even with the sale at xoxide I don't think it's worth the cost.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Back