• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do you "lock" the pci/agp slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SLO DWN

Registered
i have a mobo with the nforce2 chipset. i've done some research and learned that not all nforce2 boards come locked. i was just wondering if there is a way to lock them in bios or something.

my current fsb as u can see below is 200mhz. if my mobo isn't locked, what is the highest fsb i can achieve without harming anything?

if its not locked, then what s the pci multiplier?.... wait a minut, i thought all Nforce2's are locked. its a feature built into the chipset, cant be changed,.. unless someone added a clock gen to it? i dunno. but anyways whats your pci multi? if we know that we can figure out where your at....

SLO DWN

I'm not familar with your particular mobo but in mine I can adjust the AGP in the bios but the PCI is locked. For the PCI is I use Sandra to look at the "Mainboard Information" I see under the PCI Bus info "PCI (1xPCIClk)" which I think is code for 1 times the PCI lock frequency. :D

Re: Re: how do you "lock" the pci/agp slots?

deeppow said:
SLO DWN

I'm not familar with your particular mobo but in mine I can adjust the AGP in the bios but the PCI is locked. For the PCI is I use Sandra to look at the "Mainboard Information" I see under the PCI Bus info "PCI (1xPCIClk)" which I think is code for 1 times the PCI lock frequency. :D

My guess is 1X PCI clock. As in 1X33mhz= 33mhz.

Not lock. but close:D

Back