• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twinmos 3200 does ddr510 at least!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

Hi people
vDIMM modded my p4c-800e dlx other day.

Got ddr510 at relaxed timings 1:1 ratio 3.25vDIMM
ddr510.jpg

ddr426-5-2-2-2.jpg

3.15vDIMM, alllows me to tun my CPU at its usual setting where I used to have to run RAM at 2.5-6-3-3
cpu3195-1066.jpg

TMD 5ns CHips (but actually they are rebadged winbond IMO)
I would love to see what the 3700 would do in this rig as it has 4.3ns chips
I tried DDR533 with 3.35v but it kept crashing, considering I dont even have any heatsinks or cooling on the RAM this is understandable but I will have another shot when I get the other stick back to run dual channel, and I will add some cooolermaster heatsinks to the RAM....

As I said in an earlier post. 3.25 volts! That's alot of heat generated ain't it? That can't be for daily use unless u have the money to pay for more memory right?

actually the ram is probably not hot. maybe warm. i've run up to 3.2v on ram before with heatspreaders and it was cool to the touch.

however 3.25v constant will definately cause your ram to die fairly soon. at most i'd give it a year before it sizzles itself to death.

Hehe, its only warm, and so what, it costs a hell of a lot less than Corsair PC3700 Cas2, in a years time I will be buying DDR-II 800 anyway :D
Like I said, planning to add coolermaster RAMsinks and a fan once I get it running in dual channel mode.

That TwinMOS BH5 is sweet stuff. :)

I'm getting some SMD grabbers to finish off my IC7 VDIMM mod (finally found a 1k pot!)- the stuff did 225Mhz @ 2.78v, and posted at 245Mhz at that voltage, so I'd like to see what it can do with 3.25v also.

I've got fans rigged up to blow on the stuff, but I don't think I'm going to add RAMsinks to em (the Coolermaster ones are pretty inexpensive and the copper ones are purdy though)- well I guess I'll see when I've got the VDIMM mod done. :)

Good luck dude! Let us know how u do....BTW I am running 3.15vday to day at DDR424 2-5-2-2 so not 3.25 constant...

I think people over react to this type of voltage for memory. I honestly don't think it's that much voltage really. If it's too much voltage for teh RAM to handle it will just crash. Has anyone here who said the RAM will die soon actualy have a stick of DDR die because of voltage? i.e. on day you woke up and the stick didn't work? Please do not post mere opinions as fact....if it is fact please let me know i'd be more than interested.

Great job too!

ajrettke said:
I think people over react to this type of voltage for memory. I honestly don't think it's that much voltage really. If it's too much voltage for teh RAM to handle it will just crash. Has anyone here who said the RAM will die soon actualy have a stick of DDR die because of voltage? i.e. on day you woke up and the stick didn't work? Please do not post mere opinions as fact....if it is fact please let me know i'd be more than interested.

Great job too!

Look at all the guys that VDIMM mod their boards over at XtremeSystems and the like, I have yet to see a single DIMM die due to high voltages.

Once I believe someone posted on this forum that they killed their PC-2100 with high voltages (but he said that the stick ran rediculously at high voltages to begin with- so I'm assuming there was a problem with that generic DIMM there)

Back