• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was I Lucky??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I had an A7N8X Deluxe Rev 1.04 that crapped out on me. Since I had bought it local I returned it to the small shop I bought it from. This board was never OC'ed but I did damage a memslot and I broke part of the CPU lever. The shop sent it in for an RMA after they tested it and determined that it was dead.

So I waited 2+ weeks for word from the shop. Since I had damaged the Mem. slot and the lever I thought they would tell me that I was out of luck. I stopped by there on Monday to inquire about the RMA and they told me they would call me when they heard something. They also told me they would call by Thursday no matter what.

On Wed. they called and said I could pick up my "repaired" board. I got up early Thurs. before work and went down there. Got the board and it sat in my car until I got off work Friday (actually 3:00 am Sat, I work a night shift). I opened the Mobo and I now have a Rev. 2!!! It was returned in the box I sent it back in with all the accessories I included. The only thing missing was the IO shield which I forgot to include and still had.

In addition, when I picked it up the shop owner told me that even though it was damaged he asked Asus to help him out because I was a good customer. I had only bought a $20 Volcano 9 and a couple of $5 fans from him.

So, did I get lucky on the Rev. upgrade? Or, have others experienced this with Asus RMA's?

BTW, If you live in the Northern Alabama Area (Huntsville) and are looking for a good local supplier please let me know. I will provide you with their name and website. I do not work for them nor do I have any connections to them other than my great experience!

Sounds to me like the place you got it from really fought for you with Asus. If I were you, I'd continue to shop there and support them. That rev 2 is guaranteed to do 200MHz.

~THT

I opened the Mobo and I now have a Rev. 2!!!

Sweet.....my first A7N8X D RMA (bad floppy controller rev1.04) from Newegg went to my CC, after that I went to a local shop and purchased a rev 1.06 for about $7/8 dollars more than online, that one went back about a month or so later due to Bios death and they didn't even bat an eye, they gave me a rev 2.00 no questions asked.
I think the moral of the story here is " If you want to buy a somewhat dicey motherboard, do it locally with a shop that you can trust".
elec.tron:)

Back