• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikolasmor

I fried my first NF7-s 2.0 trying( and failing) to do the wire trick So I got a new one sent to me and I found something interesting. In the first one there was a bracket that goes into a Pci slotwith 2 USB ports on it and it hooked up to the MOBO through a cable and also the same thing for Firewire. Well on the new board they put everything on 1 card so as to save you a PCI slot, it has 2 USB 1 IEEE and a DV connector all with cables to specific motherboard junctions, not only that but the CPU lock lever is plastic now instead of metal(strong plastic too) I guess abit is making subtle changes to enhance their products without it being a new product alltogether, Just 1 more reason to love Abit

I got a NF7-S rev 2.0 recently (~ 10 days ago), and the cpu socket has a metal (look) lever. It came with 1 card with 2 usb ports and another card with 2 firewire ports. It came with Bios 1.6 on it.

Is there a way to find a manufacturer date for these boards?

I saw reviews and pictures of the NF7-S rev 2.0 few months back (e.g. April) have plastic lever in the CPU socket.

Mine, a 2.0, came in a non-2.0 box. It has a metal CPU lever and one bracket with 2xUSB/2x1394 all together. It had the 5/13 bios installed.

mine is the metal lever and the usb and firewire on one bracket. the box and mobo has the sticker with NF7-S V2.0.

My rev 2.0 has the plastic lever and the 2 seperate brackets as well. Also, mine is an 'older' v2.0, as I got it in early May, around the time when the first v2.0 motherboards were coming out.

Slightly off topic... I noticed 2 jumpers on the rev 2.0 that i did not have on my rev 1.1 and cant seem to find any information in the book about it. If any of you could enlighten me as to what these new jumpers do it would be much appreciated.

I JUST got my board today, and it had the plastic lever with just one consolidated bracket.

i have plastic lever and 2 seperate brackets.

on a side note , does anyone know of a an extention wire for firewire ? i need to replace one of the firewire connections and use an extention for the first fire wire connection( due to my case mod )

Back